Unique Custom Jewelry
Custom Made Jewelry
The art of making custom jewelry dates back thousands of years, to a time when ancient civilizations began crafting jewelry for personal wear. Almost all jewelry was custom jewelry as most pieces were commissioned by the well to do. Created to display gemstones, show faith, and signify social or material status, artists made jewelry that ranged from stringed shells to tiaras and crowns worn by the ruling classes.
Throughout the ages, the continual discovery of new gems, precious metals and ornamental materials, combined with advancement of tools, metallurgy, and introduction of CAD have made it possible for almost everyone to own Unique Custom Jewelry.
At Valeria Fine Jewelry, our designers have passionately pursued the art of custom jewelry making for many years now. Creating Unique Custom Jewelry out of gold, platinum, diamonds and precious stones, our master jewelers create your piece form start to finish. While still rooted in the spirit of old world craftsmen and hand fabrication, the equipment and techniques employed for making jewelry have changed significantly since such times. In fact, jewelry making processes have advanced more in the past 20 years than in all the time preceding it.
Before CAD, Unique Custom Jewelry was created by carving a wax. Miniature sculptures where carved by artisans in preparation for lost wax casting. Using the lost wax process, models were sculpted and molded in investment, which is kind of like plaster. Then, the precious metal was melted by torch and thrown into the cavity with a manually wound centrifuge. The wax is burned away and the metal piece of remained.
Now, almost all Unique Custom Jewelry is designing and created in using CAD. Through CAD jewelry design, skilled designers can create original models in a 3d world. Once completed, their works are milled from wax or grown in resin with high tech equipment driven by complex software. The casting process is still the same though
In the past, Unique Custom Jewelry designs were preserved using uncured rubber that was vulcanized around finished pieces to form permanent molds that could be reused for an identical copy of the piece. Today, we need only save the computer file containing the design in order to regrow them in the future.
How the Custom Made Jewelry process works at Valeria Custom Jewelry
- Discussion of what you want: We will discuss your idea, whether it be pictures or a drawing, and arrive at a price.
- Deposit: Once a deposit has been paid, which is usually 50%, the design of the piece will begin.
- Revisions/Approval: Once a design is ready, it will be rendered and sent to you. You will then have a chance to make any chances to the design that you want. Once approval is given for the design, the piece will begin the manufacturing process.
- Growing/Casting: A file will be generated from your design, which will be used to "grow" a wax of the design. The wax is then used to cast the piece in its metal.
- Finishing: After casting, the piece is then polished and any stones are set. Then, any engraving or special finished such as platings will be done.
- Delivery: Once completed, a picture of the final piece will be sent to you and the remainder of the cost will then be due.
- 7. Shipping: I ship USPS Priority Mail unless a quicker or other service is required or requested.
Valeria Custom Jewelry is becoming widely recognized for its distinct Unique Custom Jewelry designs as well as their emphasis on personalized service & second to none craftsmanship. Our experienced team will help you through the steps of creating a custom jewelry design that reflects your unique style and vision. We will then turn design into a beautiful piece of custom jewelry that will be able to be passed down through the generations.