Though a traditional choice, cathedral setting is quite versatile. It offers a broad canvas to play with diverse options of shapes, contours, stones, and metalwork in the ring. Height of the ring can also be adjusted to attain a particular look. Explore these diverse cathedral settings to find out which attracts you the most.
• Vintage cathedral engagement rings setting: This setting directly adopts from the authentic antique to display intricate and even more ornate detailing. Detailed shoulders on yellow gold with a vintage cut diamond produce a typically antique cathedral ring. This is a truly timeless and luxe cathedral ring design.
• Cathedral diamond pavé setting: The shank will feature one or more rows of smaller cropped diamonds to create a sparkling pave band.
• Channel-set cathedral engagement rings: Diamond channel setting on a white gold or platinum band builds a glamorous modern look that ultimately enhances the elevated center stone.
• Petite cathedral engagement rings : With this cathedral setting, you will have a comparatively thinner band ranging anywhere between 1.5mm and 1.9mm. It garners an incredibly understated and delicate look that makes the diamond pop even more spectacularly.
• Split band cathedral arches: Diamond studded infinity split bands usher in a fresh lease of life into the rather predictable cathedral rings having single band. Fascinating milgrain and filigree detailing accompanied by pavé set diamonds result in an elaborate and bold cathedral engagement ring.
• Three stone cathedral ring setting: If you are not really aiming for a clean-cut, smooth single band, uncluttered look, an exquisite three-stone cathedral ring will certainly fit the bill. Two accent stones, preferably diamonds of similar shapes, contribute in elevating the center stone above your finger. Three stones will add better and bigger sparkle to your engagement ring.
• Cathedral halo setting: This glittering, bold design shows of a center stone engulfed in a halo of tiny diamonds to create a dramatic, glorious outline. This detailed setting is not meant for the faint of heart! It also makes a smaller center diamond appear larger.
If you want to blend one or more of these design inspirations to craft your very own cathedral engagement ring, custom making it is an excellent idea. It will be a classic yet trendy pick for a fashionable bride who loves to combine elegance with a dash of tradition.